SMS FOR LIFE (HUMANITARIAN AID PROJECT)
Client: African Health Authorities
Date: From 2015 to 2018
Stock-outs of essential medicines remain a huge challenge in remote health facilities in rural sub-Saharan Africa. SMS for Life uses mobile and digital technology to report weekly drug stock levels and disease surveillance data. Timely action can then be taken to replenish stocks of medicines and vaccines in rural communities.
We developed interactive and digital learning materials for African nurses and doctors, covering various aspects of different diseases (Malaria, Rheumatic Heart Disease, etc) and treatments :
- Overview of the disease and transmission process
- Best practices for drug storage
- Build digital learning materials that can be used with poor (or non-existing) network
- Build the learning materials in a simple way to make it accessible to the population and to the medical staff.
- Convert a technical book of multiple hundreds of pages into interactive e-learning